NOW HIRING: Youth Artists for the third edition of Roc Paint Division, 2017-2018
The City of Rochester’s Department of Recreation presents the third season of Roc Paint Division! Do you love to draw, sketch, or paint? Do you want to learn about public art and how it can improve your community? Have you always wanted to paint a mural…. and earn money while doing it?
If this sounds like you, you may be qualified to join us and become a member of the 2017-2018 Roc Paint Division team!
- The position begins in December and runs through May.
- Work will be approximately 10 hours / week (2-3 days after school)
- Pay rate: $9.75/hour.
- You will work with local artists to learn how to conceptualize, design, and paint murals.
- With a team, you will create murals to beautify City R-Centers.
- You will get to explore the city and see the different public art it has to offer
To qualify, you must be:
- Between the ages of 16 and 19
- A resident of the City of Rochester
- Currently enrolled in high school
- Interested in visual art
- Fill out the attached application and submit it along with a cover letter clearly explaining your interest and qualifications for this project.
- Email the application and cover letter to the Northwest Area Coordinator, Kendra Hayle, at email@example.com, OR drop them off at the City office at 400 Dewey Avenue, marked “attn Kendra Hayle”.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Friday, November 3, 2017.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Friday November 10th by 5pm.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!